A well-balanced finch diet consists of specialized pellets they should make up:
- 60-70% of diet
- fresh vegetables and fruits and small amounts of fortified seeds.
- clean, fresh, filtered, chlorine-free water, changed daily.
- do not feed birds avocado, fruit seeds, chocolate, caffeine or alcohol
- avoid sugar and high fat treats
- things to remember when feeding your finch:
- fresh food and water
- should always be available.
- vegetables and fruits not eaten within
- 24 hours should be discarded
- remember, treats should not exceed 10% of total food