Care: Birds v1.0- Finch Diet and Feeding
A well-balanced finch diet consists of specialized pellets and
- 60-70% of diet should be fresh vegetables and fruits, with small amounts of fortified seeds.
- clean, fresh, filtered, chlorine-free water, changed daily.
- do not feed birds avocado, fruit seeds, chocolate, caffeine or alcohol
- avoid sugar and high fat treats
Things to remember when feeding your finch:
- fresh food and water should always be available
- vegetables and fruits not eaten within 24 hours should be discarded
- treats should not exceed 10% of total food